Sunday, February 4, 2007

How to perform a striptease ...our article. Section A of PART I


You go girl, you finally did it! You took a strip cardio class, wore your new Victoria’s Secret bra, sat your lover down, and told him to prepare for your alluring and tantalizing striptease. Except… it didn’t go quite as planned. To work up your courage, you drank one too many glasses of wine. You fell twice. You couldn’t get your damn bra unhooked, and instead of channeling Gypsy Rose Lee or Carmen Electra, you embodied a dancing hybrid of Dame Edna and Elaine from Seinfeld. Bless your heart, you tried. The truth is it is not as easy as strippers make it look. Nevertheless, striptease is a fantastic way to get in touch with your inner diva and show your sweetheart that you aim to please. There is nothing better than a new trick that causes your lover to stare at you with wide eyes and gasp, “Where did you learn that?”

Now more than ever, women are lining up in droves to learn this special way of erotic and powerful control. I know because I myself teach ordinary women how to move like exotic dancers. I have taught all types, sizes, and shapes of women including grandmothers, CEOs, third grade teachers and doctors. I am 29 now, and I spent the majority of my twenties as a topless dancer, dancing my way into the hearts and wallets of men for more years than I care to admit. And I was good. When the guys were not spending money in the bar, the rear dressing room would become full of girls. But I was rarely in the back. Once a fellow dancer walked into the dressing room filled with fed up girls, sat next to me, and said, “Well, if you’re back here, I know there’s no money out there!” I was always raking in the dough. However, I was not the best looking girl in the club. I was muscular with a thick waist, thin hair, and a small B cup. But I had perfected the art of seduction through dance, and until I had become burned out during my last few years, I usually had at least 2-3 guys waiting for a lap dance through out my entire shift.

So why do women want to do this tawdry tango for their partners in the first place? Why not just buy a new sex toy or slip on a cop's outfit for a little role play? There is something powerful about striptease, and it is also something most men fantasize about. Guys do not stand in the street ogling the traffic cop at 23rd and 5th or wait in line at the downtown sex shop when the latest ball tickler or Jenna Jameson video is released. But they will wait in line, pay a twenty dollar cover charge, spend four times the street value for a beer, and drop hundreds to thousands in a single sitting on an exotic dancer. Why? Honestly, it is different for each guy. Usually, it is either the fantasy of the unattainable, the opportunity to get close to a beautiful woman who will show him her boobs, the chance to have the most stunning girls in the room vying for his attention (a.k.a. money), the possibility that he will be able to touch what shouldn’t be touched, the novelty of being in the “titty bar”, or just a chance to hang with the boys and act like cave men (Beer good. Woman good.). The list goes on and on. For most, it is the equivalent of us ladies snagging a win-a-date with our favorite hunky celeb. We know he won’t really be interested, but just maybe. And if he wants to lean over and plant one…well, we wouldn’t mind! It is a one-night fantasy. But the question to ask is, how do I tap into that fantasy? How do I become her?

Here it is, your two part 21st century guide to striptease. Even though it is not as easy as it looks, it can be learned, and most importantly, it can be mastered! The first part of this guide will cover the exterior appearance of an exotic dancer and the initial set up of your own “main stage.” The second part will cover the actual moves to make your honey drool. First things first, you have to stop thinking about how this is going to please him (Or her for all my lovely lesbians out there. And yes, the same rules apply.), and start thinking about how this is going to benefit you, because in the long run, it will. Think of yourself as the self centered, selfish stripper.

No comments: