Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's been a while


Well... I've been busy!
I've been wanting to post and tell you so many things!
But I'll start with this. I recently ...well, 2 months ago, had a lady contact me. She wanted to take weekly classes to learn how to be an exotic dancer. My first reaction was please let me discourage you. The business will take so much out of you. It will make you hate yourself. Don't do it! I get a lot of calls .. girls wanting to dance. I tell them the truth, what it did to me. How all of the girls I know who are retired feel the same way. Also, we don't teach aspiring dancers. It is a different skill set, different moves. Our clients are dancing for their loved ones so they can touch, they don't have to have a fake name, they don't need to know how to sell how to figure out what the client likes in order to sell more. Its much easier!
Anyway, she got very upset. She said she was a former cop , she was writing a book, which she said she wasn't even supposed to tell me about, she said she had been violated before, that she hated men, that she wanted to get back at them by writing this expose. I tried to tell her that if she hated men that business was going chew her up and spit her out. I begged ...please try to find another way. She said if I didn't teach her she was going to write a bad review on citysearch. I said, fine, I'm not concerned about that. I want you to understand what you could be getting your self into. We continued to talk for over an hour. She said she didn't want to study with us because I had discouraged her. I said I was sorry, but it was what I believed and if she was really serious that she should contact us and at least we could give her some pointers so that she could get in and out with the least damage possible. And that even if she didn't choose to take classes that if she decided to dance and ever needed a friendly ear that I would be there for her.
So today I see this
http://austin.citysearch.com/review/45829650/3767301

Wow.
So I wrote this
http://austin.citysearch.com/review/45829650/4088253
I was so angry at first ...then just crushed. I am trying so hard to do something good. To take a bad experience and do something good with it. Something positive.

I guess you can't please them all. I once had a student write this.


I loved EVERYTHING about the class. I originally signed up for the class as an alternative to working out in the gym, and of course, learn how to move. I loved the idea that the classes would be taught by a former exotic dancer. Hey, learn from a true professional instead of wannabes. Having not worked out in 6 years, I was apprehensive about taking the Desire 1A workshop (I was afraid it would be one of those cold, robotic gym environments). I was proven wrong in so many ways. I was given more than I bargained for, which was fabulous. I had an instructor that worked out/danced with the rest of the students (rather than stand on the side and dictate what to do), the classes were set in a super-relaxed atmosphere, no judgments, individual attention was given to each one us, easy-going pace, and sooooo amazingly fun. I am forever grateful for the fact that the workshop gave me so much more than I asked for. I was able to look in the mirror and not judge myself on how fat I was, how short my legs looked, how my gut was hanging out, etc. I was able to look at myself and feel more feminine, sexy, empowered, and more comfortable with my body. I can never fully describe what this workshop has given me or done for me. I loved every minute. I loved every part. I loved everything. I found my niche workout and place for me and am definitely sticking with StripXpertease. My first stop was Desire 1A workshop. My next stops are Desire 1B and Stripper Strength. -Carrie L. Desire I Series NYC

That's why I do it...I hope that that lady didn't end up going to the club. I have a feeling she didn't , because if she did, she would have understood what I was saying.
Yeah, no, I'm sure of it. So there ya go. Maybe my words worked after all.

No comments: