Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Confidence


Sorry for the delay..I have been sick. And catching up is a bitch!!

Recently a client asked: I would like to know how you got into this- how did you become interested and how did you grow your confidence? You are amazing!

So I thought I would share my reply:

Again, thanks. And I got into dancing as a teenager. I was 18 when I started, and danced waaaay too long. I saw the strip cardio fitness thing explode and felt like women were taking these classes as a means to an end. I felt they really wanted to learn the real moves. I had already retired from dancing and decided to teach it. My confidence in dancing and in teaching came from positive feedback, not only from others but from myself. It was only when I looked in the mirror and told myself that I was hot, sexy, vibrant, that I really felt that way. I alone was the true keeper of my confidence. When I told myself that I was not good enough, ugly, fat, then it was true. We really are in charge. It is up to you to convince yourself and it is always hardest in the beginning. It is still a struggle for me, I won't lie, but it really does lie within... that is why I suggest practicing the predator face in the mirror. Put on your sexiest make-up, hair and outfit and crank the music and rock out to yourself in the mirror. Feels good ! Woo!! And when you hear the voice inside say, gees I look bad, or this isn't right, or i look stupid, tell it to shut the f*ck up! Say to your self, I look amazing, damn I look hot, who wouldn't want this, too bad they can't all look and move like me. I know the first thing is to say is, it feels silly, but keep trying.

xoxo
-Kimberly

No comments: