Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Reunion dot com OMG


So I occasionally get emails from them saying so-n-so looked for me. I thought it would be interesting...old classmates, old gal pals, etc. So I signed up. For the free account. Although there was an option to purchase an upgrade. It said I could import my contacts and see who was on. I happen to have a gmail account, and lovely gmail saves anyone who you have EVER emailed as a contact.

So here is what the site does...it emails EVERYONE in my address book. EVERYONE.

OH.
MY.
GOD.
I have 1309 contacts in gmail, included old friends, subscriptions, people I don't like , people I've dated , etc. They all just received this....

Hi,
I looked for you on Reunion.com( notice it says i "looked for you"..like im some crazy stalker!) but you weren't there. I use Reunion.com to search for lost friends and contacts, and to stay connected with people I know, so please connect with me.
—Kimberly

RESPOND TO KIMBERLY:Connect with Kimberly Now!( link was here) - You'll also find out if anyone else is searching for you.


Reunion.com - Life Changes. Keep in Touch.™ You have received this email because a Reunion.com Member sent an invitation to this email address. For assistance, please refer to our FAQ or Contact Us. Our Address: 2118 Wilshire Blvd., Box 1008, Santa Monica, CA 90403-5784


EVERYONE!!!
Can you say mortified? Good thing is you actually have to sign up to see my profile, which I have since deleted. And Kimberly Smith is a pretty common name, or that's what I keep telling myself. F*#K!

No comments: