Sunday, May 18, 2008

Strippers are part therapist/ part girlfriend/ part best friend/ part fantasy.


I am always surprising women when I say this. But, believe it, it is true. First of all, women in strip clubs make the majority of their money off of our regular customers. These are guys that come in regularly. A regular is this, the guy that can come in




  • every day


  • several times a week


  • once a week


  • once a month


  • whenever he is town


I have had all of these. This was my bread and butter. My main income. And the majority of what you do to make money with regulars is ....talk. Yep, that is it. Talk. The really good regulars you don't even have to dance for. You just talk. About the news, the girls in the bar, the music, politics, the weather, dreams...you name it. You listen to their problems. You offer advice. In a sense, you become their therapist. It is a weird dynamic but it exists. I have had regulars cry, telling me about their problems.


Also in a sense, you become their girlfriend. Some one they can share their ups and downs with, laugh with, party with, flirt with. You would hear when they got a promotion or got fired, when they were upset or happy. And they want to know all about your life too. What you like and dislike, your ups and downs. Sometimes I divulged all, with others it was all BS. You have to become a pretty good liar, keeping up with which guy you told which thing too.


You also become their fantasy. If their girlfriend doesn't like anal sex, you talk about it. You learn what they are looking for, what they like, and you play to it. So with each regular you are something different. With one you are ultra smart, one you are ditsy, one girl next door, another, the dirty girl. With one you might be demure and quiet, with another you're loud and brazen. You become multiple characters. One of the hardest acting gigs I ever had. Maybe that's why I was good at it. Or maybe its because I am a Gemini....which one am I today?



No comments: