Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Lap dancing in the club vs. lap dancing at home.


So, as you know I was a dancer for a decade. In that time, I only did a handful of bachelor parties, most of my work was at an actual club. Now, I teach women how to dance for their man in their own homes/hotels etc. Knowing that this would be different we did some research in the beginning on how dances would translate when you were using a couch, arm chair, bed etc. But this was 2 girls doing research. It wasn't 2 lovers experimenting. And recently I just realized it really is sooo much easier in a club.

You see I just had the opportunity to do an in-home dance for a guy, and it was much harder than I thought. I was trying to think of the last time I danced for a guy outside of work and I believe it was about 10 yrs ago. Most of the guys I dated actually went to see me work in the club and had dances there. And after I retired, I was mainly with one person who had seen me dance a million times, so it just wasn't something I did for him. And the other guys I dated, well, I didn't offer and they didn't ask. But recently the guy I'm seeing asked me to dance for him. My first thought was oh shit, I am so out of practice! Dancing in a studio or teaching a woman how to dance is much different that performing. Especially when you really like the person.



The first time was very short but the last time there was an actual full song or 2. In those few songs I learned a thing or two. First of all, I tell all you gals that carpet is bad, and I fully stand by that. It is sooo hard to balance in the stripper shoes on carpet. Secondly, in the club every chair is the same, so it is easy to maneuver your props, like the extra chair, the table etc. You know exactly how to lean, where to prop up your foot, etc. So here is some advice. If you are really planning to dance for your man, try to do a dress rehearsal with your best girlfriend. Let her sit where he would sit so you can experience what it really is like. Preparation really is key, from where you dance, to costume, to music. It really does make a difference. Mine was impromptu, but I know I could have rocked it better with a little prep. I also stand by the fact that arm chairs are the best, but a couch is ok if that is your only option. And my God, it is really hard to make him keep his hands to himself. Dammit! In the club it is easy as pie, they will get kicked out if they touch you, but in the privacy of your own bedroom, there are no bouncers, and you want him to touch you. So yeah, by far the hardest thing. We have mentioned tying up your man to do your dance. This might actually be a really good option. But I have to say, it was much hotter, for me anyway, than any dance I ever did in the club for someone I was seeing.



So, the dance was very steamy and definitely a turn on, for both of us. In class I always say, "And the last thing you do, at the end of your dance is....have hot sex!" And yeah, I still stand by that.. 100%.

No comments: